Wednesday, March 3, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Sand Eel

 
Sand eel chasing down prey.  When I was walking in Garden of the Gods, there was a rock formation that could either be interpreted as a penis or an eel head.  Rather than allowing my brain to slip and slid it’s way down into the gutter more than necessary, I decided to go the eel route.  Since the park location is rather arid in climate, I decided to go ahead and do the creature in a similar environment.  Doesn’t quite communicate what I was going at, and for the life of me I still can’t figure out how’d that giant beast would be floating.  Perhaps those things it eats gives it colossal gas to the point that it floats. :P

I really should find a sketchbook that has a midtone already established.  Would take less time doing these build ups and perhaps I could finish a piece while on my lunch hour.

0 comments:

About the Artist

My photo
I'm a chick that just likes to draw. I try hard to be a decent artist, but hey, no one's perfect. This blog is just a repository of various ideas, sketches, drawings, or work in progress images that I've done. Why read this silly description? Just look at the art! ;)

Followers