Friday, December 11, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Alien Forest


I ended up looking over at Concept Art's Daily Sketch thread the other day and noticed one of the entries to do an alien forest.  I was originally thinking in terms of something veggie looking like the one in the middleground.  It's a bit eclectic in design... obviously not as well thought out as some others I've done.  But eh, it was interesting to do.  That tree in the foreground almost looks like it is melting. :P

I also need to start using thicker pencils to lay down quick strokes.  While I love working with the mechanical pencil, it just doesn't give the coverage I need when trying to work fast.

0 comments:

About the Artist

My photo
I'm a chick that just likes to draw. I try hard to be a decent artist, but hey, no one's perfect. This blog is just a repository of various ideas, sketches, drawings, or work in progress images that I've done. Why read this silly description? Just look at the art! ;)

Followers